What our customers say
- They were kind and professional from the moment we walked in. I felt like they cared about my dog.
- “I love you guys! I'm telling as many of my Bay Area friends as possible (I just hope you don't become so coveted that I'm not able to get an appt for Tika!)”Love, Theresa
- We've recommended SCD to all our friends and neighbors. Great doctors and caring staff. Dogs and cats have had teeth cleaned there, and they always are gentle and patient.
- I have been using South Coast Pet Dentals, Aaron Goulding for the past 10 years. He has been performing once a month, anesthesia free dental on both of my yorkies during this time. When I take them to their veterinarian for vaccines they are always mentioning that it's time for have my dogs teeth cleaned and then they look in their mouths and remark at how clean and healthy their mouths and teeth look.It always makes me happy since a dental visit at the vet would run in excess of $500 per dog and they have to be put under.I attribute both of my yorkies health to having healthy teeth and gums and to Aaron and his knowledge. He always informs me of everything going on and what needs to take place. My oldest Yorkie is approaching 17 and my youngest is approaching 11. I highly recommend South Coast Pet Dental and Aaron Goulding, and for making this investment for your fur babies. -Josie Coleman, HAPPY CUSTOMER SINCE 2008
- Sparky always seems okay and not stressed after this dental procedure.
- We love the dental care provided for our little kitty cat, Winston. Aaron, thoroughly explained the procedure done to Winston. Thank you SO much. -Big sis Veronica.
New Clients: What you can expect when we meet with you and your pet
Information for first time clients
While most first-time dentals can be completed in less than 30 minutes, some dentals can take up to 45 minutes and there is no recovery time for your pets!
We are able to offer a sedative for those pets that exhibit signs of stress or try to bite. The type of sedative that we offer is in the form a shot and is injected into the muscle. The tranquilizer consists of Torbugesic and Xylazine. Your pet will be conscious but very relaxed for approximately 1 to 2 hours. Recovery may take longer for heavier pets.
Professional Machine Polish
It’s important to note that all dental scalings are followed up with a machine polish to ensure your pets teeth and gums stay healthier longer. If you are using another service be sure to ask if they are using a machine polisher. If they are not then you are not receiving a complete service and may want to consider trying our service.
How do I know if my pet if my pet needs anesthesia?
Though we do not offer anesthetic dentals, we do believe there is a need for them under emergency circumstances such as major oral surgeries due to abscesses, fractured or loose Canines and Molars. Such situations will be evaluated by our on-site DVM and recommendations will be made usually during the initial exam.