What our customers say
- I heard them talking kindly to my dog. That helped me relax and I'm sure it helped my dog. Thank you!
- Aaron has been cleaning my pup's teeth every 3 months with his non-anesthetic method a little over 4 years now. My dog’s groomer of 7 years was the one who encouraged me to try Aaron’s service knowing that I had a horrific experience with another anesthesia free service at a well-known San Diego do it yourself dog wash where the technician had manipulated my dogs jaw open with perhaps a stick (she would never allow anyone to watch). My dog feared her at all 3 visits, and I could hear my dog whimpering & crying behind the locked door during the service. I felt like a bad dog owner when I learned from a 60 minute episode what may have been happening in that room. As a result of the last traumatic visit, my dog had trouble chewing hard food for almost a year. Aaron is very different. He was compassionate about my skepticism and fears so allowed me to witness his method during the first visit. He is so incredibly gentle, and uses his index finger to gently open the jaw, NEVER a stick. My dog loves and doesn’t fear him, and why Aaron has won me over. I will follow Aaron where ever he goes to give my dog sparkling white and healthy teeth & gums and fresh breath. K.C. (the Killer Chihuahua) is 10 now, and her teeth looks like she’s only 3. Thanks Aaron for all you do to help the community by rebuilding our confidence in anesthesia free dental care for our dogs.Kay, San Diego
- Best doggie dentist I know. Aaron thanks so much for keeping out pets healthy with clean sparkling teeth.Anonymous
- Always friendly and really seem to care. Always tell what is going on and what concerns there may be if any
- Won't have anyone but Aaron do my dogs teeth Thanks to Dr Spade for administering an oral sedative that Aaron recommended last time to make the cleaning easier for my dog and for Aaron!
- We've recommended SCD to all our friends and neighbors. Great doctors and caring staff. Dogs and cats have had teeth cleaned there, and they always are gentle and patient.
New Clients: What you can expect when we meet with you and your pet
Information for first time clients
While most first-time dentals can be completed in less than 30 minutes, some dentals can take up to 45 minutes and there is no recovery time for your pets!
We are able to offer a sedative for those pets that exhibit signs of stress or try to bite. The type of sedative that we offer is in the form a shot and is injected into the muscle. The tranquilizer consists of Torbugesic and Xylazine. Your pet will be conscious but very relaxed for approximately 1 to 2 hours. Recovery may take longer for heavier pets.
Professional Machine Polish
It’s important to note that all dental scalings are followed up with a machine polish to ensure your pets teeth and gums stay healthier longer. If you are using another service be sure to ask if they are using a machine polisher. If they are not then you are not receiving a complete service and may want to consider trying our service.
How do I know if my pet if my pet needs anesthesia?
Though we do not offer anesthetic dentals, we do believe there is a need for them under emergency circumstances such as major oral surgeries due to abscesses, fractured or loose Canines and Molars. Such situations will be evaluated by our on-site DVM and recommendations will be made usually during the initial exam.