A Non-Anesthetic, Safe, Gentle, Natural, and Affordable Deep Cleaning.
What our customers say
- We've recommended SCD to all our friends and neighbors. Great doctors and caring staff. Dogs and cats have had teeth cleaned there, and they always are gentle and patient.
- I DONT KNOW HOW YOU DID IT BUT THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF MY PEBBLES WITHOUT SEDATION!!!!!!
- Aaron has been cleaning my pup's teeth every 3 months with his non-anesthetic method a little over 4 years now. My dog’s groomer of 7 years was the one who encouraged me to try Aaron’s service knowing that I had a horrific experience with another anesthesia free service at a well-known San Diego do it yourself dog wash where the technician had manipulated my dogs jaw open with perhaps a stick (she would never allow anyone to watch). My dog feared her at all 3 visits, and I could hear my dog whimpering & crying behind the locked door during the service. I felt like a bad dog owner when I learned from a 60 minute episode what may have been happening in that room. As a result of the last traumatic visit, my dog had trouble chewing hard food for almost a year. Aaron is very different. He was compassionate about my skepticism and fears so allowed me to witness his method during the first visit. He is so incredibly gentle, and uses his index finger to gently open the jaw, NEVER a stick. My dog loves and doesn’t fear him, and why Aaron has won me over. I will follow Aaron where ever he goes to give my dog sparkling white and healthy teeth & gums and fresh breath. K.C. (the Killer Chihuahua) is 10 now, and her teeth looks like she’s only 3. Thanks Aaron for all you do to help the community by rebuilding our confidence in anesthesia free dental care for our dogs.Kay, San Diego
- You guys are great! I trust you and can tell you care about all our pets! Thank u for being patient and kind to both us and our furbabies! See ya in 6months!
- Thank you so much for helping our dog. Your service, concern and care are priceless. I've been recommending South Coast Dental to every pet lover I know. -Elaine
- Always a pleasure to bring my babies in....you are very good at your skill and caring about all the four legged kids that come to see you... Thanks
New Clients: What you can expect when we meet with you and your pet
Information for “First Time” clients While most first-time dentals can be completed in less than 30 minutes, some dentals can take up to 1 hour or more and there is no recovery time for your pets! The on-sight Veterinarian may offer a sedative for those pets that exhibit signs of stress or try to bite. The type of sedative that we offer is in the form a shot and is injected into the muscle. Sedation may last for approximately 1 to 2 hours or longer for larger or heavier pets.
Professional Machine Polish It’s important to note that all dental scalings are followed up with a machine polish to ensure your pets teeth and gums stay healthier longer. If you are using another service be sure to ask if they are using a machine polisher. If they are not then you are not receiving a complete service and may want to consider trying our service.
How do I know if my pet if my pet needs an anesthetic dental? Though we do not offer anesthetic dentals, we do believe there is a need for them under emergency circumstances such as major oral surgeries due to abscesses, fractures or loose Canines and Molars. Such situations can be evaluated by our on-site DVM at no extra charge and recommendations will be made usually during the “First Time” cleaning.